[mythtv-users] finding reason for cancelled recording

Konstantinos Stathatos kstathatos at yahoo.com
Fri May 19 19:51:55 UTC 2006

I may have another explanation besides sunspots as I have seen the same
problem occur kind of consistently. I believe I see the problem of the
mysteriously aborted recording immediately following another recording,
ONLY when the recordings happening while we watch live tv (on a single
video input system). In other words, the first recording starts while we
watch live tv ("watch while recording" option) and we keep watching
through the second recording (my wife usually just lets myth on live tv
even when not watching). What I suspect is happening is that at the end
of the first recording, myth tries to switch back to live tv, i.e. start
the "live tv" recording, which causes the scheduled recording to be
aborted as conflicted. Most (all?) of the times I do find the show I
intended to record under the "LiveTV" recordings group (from where it
can be "recovered" by changing the group of the recording). I think
there is a "hole" in the scheduling process of 0.19 with the new
handling of live tv. It seems like a bug worth reporting (and eventually
fixing). Can anyone else confirm this pattern?

As a workaround, for now we avoid watching live tv when we expect something like that to happen.

Kostas