[mythtv-users] Recommended GeForce 5200 Cards

greg at nodecam.com greg at nodecam.com
Fri May 19 15:07:11 UTC 2006

> If you ever have intentions of viewing HDTV using XV scaling, I
> would recommend
> *against*:
>
> ASUS V9520-X/TD GeForce FX 5200.
>
> Both of these have problems using the video overlay to scale at
> least some
> 1920x1080 (1080i) content down to lower resolutions.

I'm still doing some investigating, but using the Texture port on the Asus
card seems promising - with the added bonus of being able to force that in
your xorg.conf (XvmcUsesTextures = "TRUE") rather than having to mess with
a patch.

I'm hoping to get some time to test it out this weekend, and I'll report
back.

Greg