[mythtv-users] detecting live video within mythtv?

David Schmidt david.schmidt.in.dallas at gmail.com
Thu May 18 08:57:57 EDT 2006

On 5/17/06, Claude Boucher <mythtv.user at gmail.com> wrote:
> Adam Hirsch a écrit :
>
> >I'm still trying to solve the problem of detecting, via script, whether the
> >video input to my Hauppauge PVR-250 is currently a blank screen or moving
> >video;

Static detection would be wonderful also!!!

Zap2It "helpfully" decided to auto-add my digital broadcast ABC
affiliate Tuesday night although I'm only setup for analog channels
with them.  The scheduler decided to record the 2 hr series finale of
"Boston Legal" in HD glory and marked the SD as "Record Earlier."
Since there's only a 350 in the box and I didn't have time check
planned recordings Wednesday, I missed the finale and now have a
recording of 2 hrs of static!!!!

Would have been *really* nice if it noticed the channel was off the
air and recorded the SD version, even if it missed the first few
minutes.

Oh well, if you get anywhere, I'd love to know.....