[mythtv-users] libxvmcw rpm + mythtv +FC5

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed May 17 17:51:41 EDT 2006

> ok, now this thread confuses me.  earlier i asked about xvmc for
> nvidia cards, and concluded that i must recompile myth with
> --enable-xvmc.  now i'm confused.  i read through
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/XvMC and nowhere in there it
> talked about xvmc "wrapper" or the /etc/X11/XvMCConfig.  Can somebody
> break it down for me?  is this for someone who doesn't want to
> rebuild myth?

First, let me apologize.  I was a little confused about how xvmc worked,
and it turns out that you don't seem to need the /etc/X11/XvMCConfig
file if your X server is up and running with the appropriate xvmc-aware
driver.

Since you're getting that warning, mythtv is already compiled with xvmc
support and you DO need the file.  The content of that file is a single
line:

libXvMCNVIDIA_dynamic.so.1

The libXvMCW (xvmc wrapper library) is installed by default with fc5,
but it looks for some reason like some installations (including my own)
need the config file in order for the xvmc wrapper to detect which kind
of xvmc (nvidia, vld, ibm) the system is running.

-Chris