[mythtv-users] Myth playback is inefficient?

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Wed May 17 09:50:52 EDT 2006

Douglas Wagner wrote:
> See my post about sound being out of sync when playing back video
> recorded through Myth.
>
> Fact is, anything I play outside of myth seems to work JUST fine,
> anything I play THROUGH myth doesn't.
>
> I'm REALLY hating the solution of having to drop out of myth TV every
> time I want to watch an HD recorded program...
>
> --Doug
As a work around, use mythrename.pl (from SVN contrib) to create human
readable links that are linked into your MythVideo directory. Then you
can setup MythVideo to use xine or mplayer (whichever works best for
you) to play mpg files, and you can then watch recordings using Myth,
but you don't use the internal Myth player.

Tom