[mythtv-users] time for a new graphics card

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Mon May 15 09:32:57 EDT 2006

> I have a GeForce2 GTS that wont output tv.  As far as I'm able to tell ASUS
> connected the tvout chip in a non-standard way.
>
> Attached is my XF86Config-4 file that works for my new GeForce FX 5200.
>
> If that doesn't work try the nvtv utility.  It helps with cards that don't use
> the nvidia tvout chip.

Thanks for that. I still can't get output to TV even with your
xorg.conf. When I ran nvtv that didn't get me any firther.
Interestingly when I do nvtv --list I get this:

Fatal: no encoder chip found, and none specified.

Do you think that's significant? Everything works find on 7664 but
8756 seems a bit of a crock to be honest!

Regards,
Phill