[mythtv-users] time for a new graphics card

Paul Andreassen paulx at andreassen.com.au
Sun May 14 02:52:58 EDT 2006

On Sun, 14 May 2006 03:12 pm, Phill Edwards wrote:
> > Not to resurrect an old thread or anything but damn, the nvidia driver
> > works amazingly well in linux.
> > After installing the driver I just used nvidia's own utility to
> > autoconfigure xorg.conf.
> > I didn't have to do any editing of xorg.conf whatsoever after installing
> > the driver.  Merely install, plug svideo out to TV, turn on computer,
> > and watch  it work.
>
> What utility is that? What's the filename called? I've been having a
> devil of a job getting any output to a TV screen on the 8756 version
> of the drivers. X is up and running but it won't for the life of it
> output to the TV over S-Video, so if there's a nvidia utility that
> creates an xorg.conf I'd love to give that a go.
>
> Regards,
> Phill

Hi Phill,

I have a GeForce2 GTS that wont output tv.  As far as I'm able to tell ASUS
connected the tvout chip in a non-standard way.

Attached is my XF86Config-4 file that works for my new GeForce FX 5200.

If that doesn't work try the nvtv utility.  It helps with cards that don't use
the nvidia tvout chip.

Paul