[mythtv-users] Gentoo & MythTV + Turion64 for hardware?

Gabriel Schønau Hansen gabriel at schoenau.dk
Fri May 12 10:35:26 EDT 2006

Hi there,

A long time ago, i started installing gentoo on an old duron800 based box,
intending it for a HTPC system.

I’ve since given up, as I found out my HD cable was broken, and didn’t want
to start all over again (I installed XP+MediaPortal in the meantime – way
too sluggish!).

So, im changing hardware, but still want to try gentoo+mythtv, thinking I
might use my ole duron800 for at frontend!

Back when, some guy ( I think it was Travis) sent me a private email on an
EXCELLENT install guide for Gentoo+mythtv+LVM and whatnot, it was the
coolest guide I’ve seen so far, but unfortunately, I lost the link!

If you know who it is, please please please resend the link again!

Talking about hardware, I’m thinking of building a turion64 system for low
heat/lownoise/low current system, any1 out there recommending this /
recommend to stay away from it?

TIA,

Gabriel Schønau Hansen