[mythtv-users] Avermedia 777 & new Fusion HDTV plus

Boleslaw Ciesielski bolek-mythtv at curl.com
Thu May 11 08:25:43 EDT 2006

Ben Rigby wrote:
> So, that leaves me with two tuner cards that don't work with my
> current 2.6.16 kernel.
>
> What can I do to get these working?
>
> I've done some looking around and I gather I could download and
> compile a release candidate of the .17 kernel. But then I'd also need
> to download and compile things like alsa, ndiswrapper, nvidia drivers
> etc? Is this my only option? I use atrpms and have a rock solid setup
> which I'm reluctant to change, and my linux experience is pretty
> limited.

atrpms has packages with updated v4l-dvb drivers (see
http://www.atrpms.net/dist/fc4/video4linux/). Perhaps they already have
support for at least one of :-) your cards?

Failing that, you can check out the latest v4l-dvb code and compile it
for your kernel. There should be instructions somewhere on
www.linuxtv.org, but I can't find them at the moment.

Also, you may get better answers asking on the linux-dvb mailing list
(www.linuxtv.org again).

Bolek