[mythtv-users] Best Hardware

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed May 10 21:50:41 EDT 2006

On 5/10/06, MythBox <mythtv at glassdragon.org> wrote:
>         I will not be TOO shy to spend a decent amount of money on both the
> Backend/Frontend system(s), but will have to
>  draw the line somewhere. My current system is thrown together, but it
> works. (except for the remote via Happauge tuner).
>  It is an Athlon XP 2200 (1.8GHz), 512 DDR, 385Gb (5 HDDs), CDRW & DVD,
> Onboard Sound running Fedora Core 5.
>  I will keep you all up-to-date as my mind makes bad decisions and my
> fingers ask you to correct me! :-P

with a seperate backend you can get away with pretty minimal CPU for a
backend and if u do HD relatively minimal for a frontend.

The XP 2200 would do fine as a backend, if you need HD, a decent
frontend with a nice case can be had for ~$500. If you were to buy
from scratch $1500 would be more than enough.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!