[mythtv-users] remove channel logo?

Wendy Seltzer wseltzer at gmail.com
Wed May 10 13:26:06 EDT 2006

On 5/10/06, Jay R. Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 07:55:24AM -0700, Marco Nelissen wrote:
> > Is it possible to have mythtv remove (or suppress as much as possible)
> > the channel-logo during playback? Seems like an obvious thing to do
> > (especially since there is apparently already code to recognize the
> > channel logo for commercial detection purposes), but I couldn't find
> > any option for it.
>
> Since the pixels of the 'bug' *replace* whatever pixels were behind
> them when the bug is keyed in, what would you replace those pixels
> *with*?
>
> That is: doing this 'right' is somewhere between "highly non-trivial"
> and "non-trivial in the extreme"...

That said, mplayer has a sometimes-useful approximation.

delogo[=x:y:w:h:t]

Suppresses a TV station logo by a simple interpolation of the
surrounding pixels. Just set a rectangle covering the logo and watch
it disappear (and sometimes something even uglier appear − your
mileage may vary).
	<x>,<y>
top left corner of the logo
<w>,<h>
width and height of the cleared rectangle
<t>
Thickness of the fuzzy edge of the rectangle (added to w and h). When
set to -1, a green rectangle is drawn on the screen to simplify
finding the right x,y,w,h parameters.

remove-logo=/path/to/logo_bitmap_file_name.pgm

Suppresses a TV station logo, using a PGM or PPM image file to
determine which pixels comprise the logo. The width and height of the
image file must match those of the video stream being processed. Uses
the filter image and a circular blur algorithm to remove the logo.

/path/to/logo_bitmap_file_name.pgm
[path] + filename of the filter image.

--Wendy