[mythtv-users] Obscure question, Can I stream remote control commands over the network?

Dom H speedsix.lists at googlemail.com
Wed May 10 07:32:03 EDT 2006

I have moved my mythbackend to a seperate machine which obviously now houses
my tv card. Problem is my remote reciever connects directly to the card.
Instead of buying another reciever for the frontend(can you buy recievers
seperately? How would you learn the keys without a remote?) Can I stream the
commands to LIRC on the frontend over the network?

My card is a new Hauppauge Nova-T with the grey/silver remote, I believe it
creates something in the /dev/ dir for the keypresses.

Thanks

Dom