[mythtv-users] 1080i @ 800x600?

matt mead m-mythtv at goof.com
Mon May 8 23:06:19 EDT 2006

What video card are you using?

The "offset picture" is an issue I have at 800x600 using an FX5200 made by Mad
Dog Multimedia.  I have a patch for videoout_xv.cpp that will override the
search for a suitable XV port by whatever is specified in an environment
variable.  If I use this to set the XV port to the port the blitter is on, the
scaling works properly and the picture is not offset.

Right now I have an eVGA 6200 in the backend/frontend that seems to scale
everything properly to 800x600.

I did some playing around with mplayer when I first noticed this.  If I had
mplayer use a software scaler to prescale the frames, then let XV do the rest
of the scaling down to 800x600, it would work as expected up to about
1620x(whatever is proportional for 16:9).  Once I exceeded a width of 1620 for
what was sent to XV, the picture started shifting right again.

I can send the patch I use and you can try to apply it, recompile, and see if
the blitter scales things properly.  You could also use mplayer to prescale the
stream to various widths and see if XV can handle the rest.

-matt

Greg Mitchell wrote:
> I just got firewire recording working, and can play back 720p shows
> without a hitch.  1080i shows seem to not be scaled properly for me,
> resulting in some number of pixels being off the right side of the screen.
>
> Has anyone used an SVGA display to display 1080i video successfully?
> What are the gotchas that I should be looking into?
>
> see
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/202729?search_string=pink;#202729
> for some background - the pink bars thing was an issue with my laptop
> unrelated to the nvidia playback on my main be/fe.
>
> Greg

matt mead

http://collectivity.goof.com/