[mythtv-users] A8N-VM CSM success

Ernie Lim myth at lim.ca
Mon May 8 12:29:15 EDT 2006


I went with the K8NGM2-FID too because of the component output to use with
my older tube hdtv. The motherboard has headers for the component out and
accompanying cable and adapter fit into an empty expansion slot. What I
found was that depending on how the cable for this was routed inside the
computer case, I'd get varying amounts of noise in the signal. Biggest
problem was that I was *never* ever able to get rid of it to my
satisfaction.

In despair, I shelled out the 50 dollars for a dvi to hdmi cable and haven't
looked back since. The picture is crystal clear compared to the component
out and I also tend to think that the newer nvidia drivers treat the
component outputs like the tv-out, giving you less control over the
modelines -- or something to that effect :-)

All in all, im very happy with this motherboard. I have the older bios
version that has buggy acpi and haven't had the motivation to update it yet
-- Its been reported as fixed.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org [mailto:mythtv-users-
> bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Brian Meehan
> Sent: Monday, May 08, 2006 12:20 PM
> To: Discussion about mythtv
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] A8N-VM CSM success
> 
> I'm also using the K8NGM2-FID. Would either of you care to post the
> relevent sections of your xorg.conf? I'm trying to get 1080i at the
> TV, but so far the best I can do is 1280x720 with some clipping on all
> four sides (but not very much - it's useable).
> 
> To Alex, the deciding factor for me with the MSI board was stability
> and the component video output, and all the headers that were included
> in the box with the MSI board. I wasn't sure if my TV would handle the
> DVI output of a computer (Sony KE-42TS2), so I wanted the component
> video as a backup.
> 
> It should be noted that the MSI supports dual video, but only one
> digital and one analog. Since the component video counts as an analog
> output, it can only be paired with the DVI for dual display. Likewise
> for onboard VGA.
> 
> On 5/8/06, Alex Brekken <brekkal at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks for the update, I'm trying to decide between this board and the
> MSI
> > K8NGM2-FID, which has the same video.
> > What's the issue with the NIC?  I could have swore I saw emails from
> others
> > who were using the NIC succesfully...
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Alex
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > mythtv-users mailing list
> > mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> > http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
> >
> >
> >
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users



More information about the mythtv-users mailing list