[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase for no grabber

MIlos Prudek prudek at bvx.cz
Mon May 8 07:33:55 EDT 2006

I had a working Myth but unfortunately I run mythtv-setup and answered "Yes,
delete my channel settings."

I run scan in "5. Channel editor" of mythtv-setup. But no channels appear in
the frontend. I guess I need to run mythfilldatabase.

Problem is no grabber exists and no XML file exists for my country. I am
perfectly happy and content with no listings. I just need to know what
parameter I need to use with mythfilldatabase in this case. MythTV wiki does
not seem to mention this use case.

I resolved this problem a year ago when I first installed MythTV. But I have
forgotten how I did it.
When I run "mythfilldatabase --manual" I get this:
getting list of channels
No channels specified, run me with --configure flag

But, "mythfilldatabase" does not support --configure flag. I believe
--configure is related to the grabber program specified, which is "Germany
(tvtoday) in Video sources of mythtv-setup. What is the Germany grabber
binary name? It seems the name is tv_grab_de_tvtoday. And it supports the
--configure flag. So what I did then was run tv_grab_de_tvtoday --configure
and select "all" to add all channels. Mind you, I do not live in Germany and
there is no grabber and no XML file for my country. I am just trying to work
around this.

After running "tv_grab_de_tvtoday" --configure and "mythfilldatabase --manual"
the error message is still "No channels specified, run me with --configure
flag".

I can start mythfrontend and Watch TV, and channel 26 plays (since it is set
as initial in "4. Input Connections", but I cannot switch to any other
channel. How should I proceed?

This is mythtv 18.1 and I would rather not upgrade to 0.19.

--
Milos Prudek