[mythtv-users] Can record from LiveTV but not from Guide or Manual

Mario Camou R mcamou at mail.com
Mon May 8 06:35:54 EDT 2006

On 6 May 2006, at 08:48, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 05/05/2006 12:00 PM, Mario Camou R wrote:
>> On 5 May 2006, at 17:49, Mario Camou R wrote:
>> So....I deleted the record that referenced "Tuner 0" and everything
>> seems to be working now (except for the "[mpeg @ 0xb7739360]Parser
>> not found for Codec Id: 94210 !" message that appears in the logs ---
>> that seems to have no ill effects).
>>
> If only someone would have told you to, "Fix the associations of video
> sources to inputs in mythtv-setup," four replies ago.  ;)  In other
> words, just because you think it's impossible for someone's suggested
> fix to work, it doesn't mean you should ignore it.  After all, it's
> your
> system that wasn't working.  :)
>
> Not intending to pick on you, specifically, but I'm tired right
> now, and
> am amazed at how many good suggestions are ignored because, "that
> can't
> possibly work," or, "my configuration is correct, but Myth still
> doesn't
> work."  So, I'm hoping to use this example to encourage people to
> think
> carefully before dismissing a suggested fix outright.
>
> Oh, and the "Parser not found" message is nothing to worry about.
>
> Enjoy your shiny new MythTV 0.19 system.  :)
>
> Mike

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your help. Thing is, I had *already* done that, deleted
everything and configured it again. And *STILL* Tuner 0 appeared.
Weird. I just didn't see the point of again doing something I had
already done.

I understand your frustration, though. I really want to thank you for
taking the time to answer and my reply was probably a bit terse.
Sorry about that.

Again, thank you very much.
-Mario.