[mythtv-users] Video Card Problem in myth

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon May 8 00:32:29 EDT 2006

On 05/07/2006 01:50 AM, cweisiger at i-55.com wrote:

>Finally able to post part of my /var/log/messages with the tuner cards.
>If the two people who were helping me. I have a pvr-350 which works find
>and a pvr-150 which all i get is static when i do test captures
>
>I have attached the ivtv log out of the /var/log/messages
>
>here is my modprobe.conf
># ivtv modules setup
>alias char-major-81 videodev
>alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
>#alias char-major-81-1 ivtv

You should uncomment the 81-1 line (although it won't affect operation of
the card, having it uncommented is much more symmetrical than what you
currently have)...

>May  7 00:30:57 pvr kernel: tveeprom 1-0050: tuner model is TCL
M2523_5N_E (idx 112, type 4)
>May  7 00:30:59 pvr kernel: tuner 1-0061: tuner type not set

Try adding a line:

options ivtv tuner=-1,50

to your modprobe.conf.  Should work (at least better than what you now
get) with a relatively recent kernel.

Mike