[mythtv-users] MythArchive dvdauthor error

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Sat May 6 10:39:49 EDT 2006

Daniel A Segel wrote:
> MythArchive fails with the following error in the log:
>
> 2006-05-05 14:35:17 Starting dvdauthor
> 2006-05-05 14:43:05
> 2006-05-05 14:43:05 ERROR: Failed while running dvdauthor
> 2006-05-05 14:43:05
> 2006-05-05 14:43:05
> 2006-05-05 14:43:05 Terminated
>
> Is there any way to make it give a more descriptive error? Or any clue
> on where I should look for the problem?
>
> This is on a Gentoo system running dvdauthor 0.6.11.
>
> Daniel

There's two logs the progress.log and the mythburn.log. The idea is the
progress.log will give some user friendly messages about what is
happening which is what is shown in the log viewer. The other log just
catches everything sent to stdout and stderr which is useful when
debugging things.

Does the mythburn.log give any extra clues why dvdauthor is failing?

Paul H.