[mythtv-users] MythArchive dvdauthor error

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri May 5 18:28:43 EDT 2006

On May 5, 2006, at 4:12 PM, Daniel A Segel wrote:

> Brian Wood wrote:
>>
>> Don't know the answer, but I haven't been able to get dvdauthor
>> 0.6.11 to work on my Gentoo box either, but I haven't worked too hard
>> at it because there are many other ways to make DVDs.
>>
>> I'd suggest that you try getting dvdauthor (perhaps via qdvdauthor)
>> to run by itself before trying to get MythArchive to work.
>>
> I know dvdauthor works because mythburn uses it and that works just
> fine
> for me. It must be something in how MythArchive is calling it, or
> in the
> script that it's passing to it. I'll take a look when I get some time,
> but I'm hoping somebody else might come up with an answer before then.

Yeah, Mythburn (and dvdauthor) work fine on my Myth box, which is FC4-
based (MythDora). It  just doesn't work on my Gentoo machine so I
wondered if there might be something about Gentoo and dvdauthor, but
apparently not as it works for you.

At least that narrows down the possibilities for the problem with my
Gentoo box, thanks. I'd like to get it working on the Gentoo machine
since it is *much* faster than the Myth machine.