[mythtv-users] LiveTV audio missing

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Fri May 5 13:55:10 EDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 13:30 -0400, Chris wrote:

> > Everything seems to work, except for audio in LiveTV. No sound
> > is either heard or recorded in LiveTV.

Does audio in scheduled recordings work, and do you have more than one
capture card? I had a similar problem setting up my new MBE/FE machine,
where recording worked but LiveTV didn't. The crucial factor, in my
case, is that LiveTV and recording choose different tuners, and one of
my capture cards was set up incorrectly. Could this be your problem? If
you've got more than one tuner, hit 'Y' while in Live TV to switch
cards, and see if you have audio then.

--Greg