[mythtv-users] MythArchive has been added to svn - Please test

Niels Dybdahl Niels at Dybdahl.dk
Fri May 5 03:38:14 EDT 2006

On 5/4/06, Paul Harrison <mythtv at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

> I've just added to svn the first release of MythArchive which is a new
> plugin for myth that allow you create DVD's from your myth recordings.
> Its still a work in progress but is at a stage where I would like people
> to test it so I can get some feed back on what works and what doesn't.
> At the moment its in svn as a separate module but eventually when its
> had more testing and is more complete it will probably be moved in with
> the other plugins. Its based on the old MythBurn scripts but has been
> rewritten to reduce the number of dependencies and to hopefully make it
> easier to install.
>
> I've created a  wiki page giving more details of what MythArchive can do
> and how to install it.
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MythArchive

Looks very promising. I especially like that it can handle MPEG4s as well. I
would like to try it this weekend.
Some questions:
- Can it reduce the size of recordings, if they are too large ? Does it use
mythtranscode or tcrequant for that ?
- Is the new archive format playable ? (Currently I archive with the nuv+sql
option from nuvexport which is playable on both Linux and Windows. But that
method breaks when the database structure change...)
- I guess the conversion takes place in the background, like with mythburn.
Can you confirm that ?

Best regards
Niels Dybdahl