[mythtv-users] OT - MX4000 to FX5200

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Thu May 4 01:17:55 EDT 2006

Brian Wood wrote:
> On May 3, 2006, at 10:42 PM, Brad Fuller wrote:
>

>>  Nothing has changed but the card. Same software, same hw (except
>> the card)
>>

> That's what I figured but I had to ask.
>

>>> If you're using the N-Vidia driver, does nvidia-settings seem to know
>>> about both monitors?
>>>

>> Xorg reports that it can't connect to the TV -- not news here,
>> that's what I reported originally.
>>
>> I assume that if xorg knows nothing about the second monitor,
>> nvidia-settings wouldn't either.
>> And, when I check nvidia, it doesn't see the TV/S-Video
>>
>> Justs seems darn weird, doesn't it. That's why I asked if there is
>> something I need to set on the FX5200.
>>

> Does seem strange, do you have TwinView set up on your Xorg.conf ?

Yes, I have it set for two separate displays. I send mythfrontend out to
the Svideo screen. It has worked well on v7676 for a long time and has
been working well for about 3 weeks on v8756 (after I found out that I
had to have the TV on for xorg to recognize the TV on the S-Video.
Unfortunately, I have the TV all the time and nothing appears.)
I'm wondering if I have a bad board.