[mythtv-users] New video card crashes PVR-350 card

Eggert Thorlacius eggert.thorlacius at gmail.com
Wed May 3 19:36:12 EDT 2006

Hello all

I have been using a PVR-350 card in my machine for a while and have
been using the built-in TV out without problems. Last week, I bought a
TV with a DVI connector and a GeForce 6200 card to drive it.
The problem is that when I try to display graphics on the TV, the
PVR-350 card goes berserk, either freezing the machine completely or
creating garbled mpeg files.  Starting the machine at runlevel 3 works
fine, mythbackend records correctly and remote frontends display video
OK, but as soon as I start an X session, mythbackend dies.  Running
"cat /dev/video0 > /tmp/tmp.mpg" has the same effect; the file is
saved normally until X starts, and then the process just hangs and
can't be killed.
Presumably this is some hardware conflict, but I have no idea where to
start looking.  Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Eggert