[mythtv-users] Migrating database from 0.18 to 0.19 (SQL hacking?)

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Wed May 3 16:57:46 EDT 2006

 	Hey all... finally getting around to updating my mythbox to a
newer version.  Trouble is, the usual procedure:

$ grep "INSERT INTO record "         mythtv_backup.sql > restore.sql
$ grep "INSERT INTO recorded "       mythtv_backup.sql >> restore.sql
$ grep "INSERT INTO oldrecorded "    mythtv_backup.sql >> restore.sql
$ grep "INSERT INTO recordedmarkup " mythtv_backup.sql >> restore.sql
$ mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg < restore.sql

doesn't work anymore.  I've read the archives and noticed how the
mysqldump now back-ticks the 'recorded' etc so these lines are necessary:

     $ grep "INSERT INTO \`record\` "         mythtv_backup.sql > restore.sql
     $ grep "INSERT INTO \`recorded\` "       mythtv_backup.sql >> restore.sql
     $ grep "INSERT INTO \`oldrecorded\` "    mythtv_backup.sql >> restore.sql
     $ grep "INSERT INTO \`recordedmarkup\` " mythtv_backup.sql >> restore.sql

 	Trouble is, this part:
$ mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg < restore.sql

 	now barfs with:
ERROR 1136 (21S01) at line 1: Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

 	After reading:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/141303?search_string=grep%20INSERT%20;#141303

 	it appears that there's a new field in there.  What's the method
for adding it in?  I'm not excited about hacking up 233706 lines in my
3-year old database.  Hopefully there's a good way...

-Cory