[mythtv-users] Legality of selling MythTV and its Components?

Rob Goretsky rgoretsky at hotmail.com
Tue May 2 17:56:51 UTC 2006

I am interested in building preconfigured MythTV boxes and then selling
them.  I plan on donating a percentage of my profits directly to MythTV
development, and will contribute code updates/fixes to MythTV.

I have looked through these archives for information about some legal issues
surrounding the retail resale of preconfigured MythTV boxes, but this is all
I have found so far:

1) Including DVD ripping software is illegal.
2) Including DVD playback program is illegal.
3) Including any ROM images for video games (for MythGame) that are not
owned by me is illegal.

Other than these points, are there any other legal issues that I should be
aware of when planning on selling preconfigured MythTV boxes?   Can anybody
point me to a good reference on this?

Thank you for your help!

Thanks,
Rob Goretsky