[mythtv-users] Feature Request: Web-Based Control System?

Geoff B geoffbon at gmail.com
Tue May 2 17:53:32 UTC 2006

On 4/30/06, Pavol Droba wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 29, 2006 at 01:37:15PM -0500, Ivan Kowalenko wrote:
>
> > I'm wondering, would it be possible to implement a pseudo-MythTV
> > Front-end system into a web interface? Basically, something that
> > allows for all functions to be undertaken in a web browser, except
> > viewing of videos, sort of like XBMC and VLC's HTTP interfaces.
> > Choose which video to play back, control playback of that video (IE
> > remote-control like), manage recordings. Is there enough support for
> > something like this, or should I just be content with what I have?
> >

> Hi,
>
> I would like to see something like that as well. Especialy, I'm looking
> for web based control for MythMusic. It aways bothers me to turn
> on the television, just to play music.

This is slightly OT, but you might want to consider a Squeezebox, it
solves this beautifully.  Open source software that runs on Linux /
Windows / Mac, and sound quality as good as whatever format you throw
at it.  I've used one for over a year now, it's fantastic.
Disclaimer: not associated, just a happy user.
http://www.slimdevices.com
Cheers
Geoff