[mythtv-users] Working Serial/Data Port on DCT2000 Series

cweisiger at i-55.com cweisiger at i-55.com
Tue May 2 16:52:04 UTC 2006

I have a dct-2XXX series cable box. I have charter cable tv in louisiana. AND
the serial/data port on the back of the back is active and enabled. I tested
with the channel app and it changes the channels on my cable box wonderfully.

Like others, I spent DAYS AND DAYS on the phone with a charter person and
finally got on the phone with someone who could actually help me..they said it
was on and enabled....But for some odd reason they told me that
ahem**TIVO**ahem was NOT capatible with their signal....sounds kinda funny to
me....

Just thought i would give some information pertaining to this situation since
many people are trying to use the serial ports and if maybe there are someone
other users in louisiana using mythtv and charter cable tv