[mythtv-users] Camcorder feed into Myth via PVR-350

R rawgarlic at gmail.com
Mon May 1 22:00:35 UTC 2006

I am setting up this MytvTV box.
But this is my first time with a Hauppauge PVR-350.
Got it configured and working with my Comcast cable.
So the PVR functionality is working just fine.

I can see that the PVR-350 also has:
a.  S-video IN
b.  Line IN.

So I connected my camcorder's video and audio outputs to these inputs.

I want to:
1.  Preserve my PVR-350 Comcast configuration.
2.  Configure my camcorder's video and audio to the PVR-350's S-video
IN and Line IN.
3.  Be able to watch TV or switch over and watch home movies on my camcorder.

But I am not sure which changes to make in mythtv-setup to view the
camcorder's stream.

So the basic questions are:

1.  Do I stop the backend first before running mythtv-setup?

2.  Are there step-by-step directions (to import the comcarder's feed) that
I can follow to make changes to General, Capture Cards, Video Sources,
Input and Channel Editor?  I have been experimenting here but I am
confused with all the options and I am sure I am making all kinds
of mistakes.

Thanks.