[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase and channel additions

Andrew Gallatin gallatin at cs.duke.edu
Thu Mar 30 14:55:12 UTC 2006

I've got a mythtv box I setup last Sept, running SVN 7207.

One of my tuners is a QAM256 tuner which I use to get HDTV from
my local cable company.  Since I also get Discovery-HD and TNT-HD,
I use the Zap2it "Cable Digital" lineup for my area.   I initially
selected only the 10 or so channels I get, out of the hundreds
available.

However, every few weeks, the cable company adds or changes channels,
and Zap2it automatically selects the new channels.  This causes
mythfilldatabase to clutter my guide with useless channels I
cannot get (and which I would not want to get anyway).

Is there any way to get mythfilldatabase to ignore these channels
and not fetch guide data for them?  Or do I have to keep deleting
them and unchecking them from my Zap2it lineup every week or so?

Thanks,

Drew