[mythtv-users] Am I able to stop auto-recording?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sun Mar 26 13:37:08 UTC 2006

On Mar 26, 2006, at 8:15 AM, Martin Ereth wrote:

> Brad DerManouelian schrieb:

>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> Instead of calling xawtv it would be much better to include a
>>> switch in myth to turn
>>> auto-recording on or off. ( maybe the page where you can set the
>>> other values for
>>> recording, eg space)
>>> That would solve many problems.
>>> For your solution you need xawtv installed. I just want to use
>>> mythtv.
>>
>> This has been discussed WAY too much on this list already. The answer
>> is all over the forums. If you're not recording live TV, you're not
>> using a PVR. MythTV is a PVR.
>
> Please be honest: Do you sometimes want to watch TV, just to see
> what is broadcasted?
> Why do you need this recorded?
>
> I think it shouldn't be that hard work to include such a switch.
> When you can switch auto-recording off, many more users will be
> using myth!!!
> I promise!
>
> Martin

In all honesty, I'm sick of reading about this. Yes, sometimes I
watch broadcast TV just to see what's on. And when I start watching
something and it ends up being good, I like hitting record and
capturing the program from when I started watching it. I would never
choose to give that up. If I flip the channel within a couple of
minutes, the recording is expired in a couple of minutes. Otherwise
it's expired the next day or when space is needed. I *honestly* don't
see what the issue is. Frankly, nor do I care. It works. I'm happy.
Let's move on to stuff that needs attention.