[mythtv-users] Yet another NVidia 6200 1080i Component Output thread

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 25 00:09:18 UTC 2006

--- Eric Vaandering <ewv at fnal.gov> wrote:

> I saw this thread and with it's help, I've gotten
> close (maybe) to a a good setup.
>
> My configuation:
>
> Gigabyte GV-N62128DS board (AGP)
> 8178 drivers on Mandriva 2006
> TV is Mitsubishi WS-65807
>
> The TV only takes 1080i on component input. It works
> fine with a Comcast HD
> cable box.
>
> I've tried a bunch of modelines I found here, at
> NVnews, and on the web. All
> of the ones that don't have errors exhibit the same
> behavior. If I switch the
> input of the TV to the PC, I can see a nice 1080i
> login screen for about 3
> seconds. Then the TV determines the signal is no
> good and switches away from
> it. Component 480i using the same signal path is
> fine.
>
> Here is the x.org config file The modlines marked
> almost exhibit this behavior:
>

> Section "Monitor"
>
>      # Monitor preferred modeline (60.0 Hz vsync,
> 64.0 kHz hsync, ratio 5/4)
>      Identifier     "monitor1"
>      VendorName     "Mitsubishi"
>      ModelName      "Unknown monitor"
>      HorizSync       29.9 - 51.0
>      VertRefresh     59.9 - 61.0
> #ModeLine "1080i" 74.176 1920 1960 2016 2200 1080
> 1082 1088 1125 Interlace #Almost

<snip>

I'm pretty sure that the card can do a 1080i signal (I
know that my 5200FX can anyway, I run in 720p mode
because it's my monitor's native mode).

In the comment, it says that the monitor preferred
modeline is 60Hz vertical, and 64hHz horizontal, yet
your HorizSync only goes from 29.9 to 51.0.  I think
that if you change that to something like 29.9 to
65.0, you might have a few more options.

Worst case, boot up Windows and run PowerStrip.  It
will generate Linux modelines that will work with your
monitor (although it takes time and patience).

-- Joe