[mythtv-users] PVR-350 output support being dropped!

John Harvey john.p.harvey at btinternet.com
Fri Mar 24 13:55:43 UTC 2006

--- Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:

> On Mar 24, 2006, at 12:19 AM, Kichigai Mentat wrote:

> > On Mar 23, 2006, at 03.58, Ian Forde wrote:

> MythTV system, and
> have any AGP slots, a
> include at least one
> separated solution for
> >>
> >> If you've got an onboard VGA out, just use a
> transcoder box such
> >> as an
> >> Audio Authority...
>
> Rather than continue to complain, how about we get
> the xv output on
> the PVR-350 issues resolved so there's no reason to
> complain?
> Personally, I would LOVE to use the xv stuff instead
> of the hardware
> decoder so I can do stuff like time stretch and get
> CC without
> setting it on my TV.
>
> Sounds like the major xv issues people have are with
> video jumps and
> unclear text in the osd. I have both of these. What
> can I provide
> that would help someone willing to work on the
> problems?
>
> I'm using a dual PIII-733 box. Frontend uses about
> 28% on one of the
> CPU's when playing back, so it's not a processor
> issue. I see very
> minor jumps when playing back video streams with the
> internal player
> when recording nothing or when recording what I'm
> watching. I get
> MAJOR jumps when recording another program - so much
> that I can't use
> it. I've tried all the interlacing options (just out
> of curiosity)
> and none of them look as good as when it's off. The
> bright OSD
> doesn't bother me THAT much. I can live with it if
> the other stuff
> works ok. And yes.. I can watch a transcoded DVD
> (Excellent Quality)
> with xine while other programs are recording without
> these issues.
As i said at least once i believe i understand the
jumping problem. I just don't have time at the moment
to work on it but it is in my plans so hopefully
within the next few weks i will do.
I have a solid example of something that plays very
badly. I have a fix for that but at the moment there
are bad side effects for other movies so i need to
spend some time on that.

Sorry i can't promise it quicker but i do plan to fix
it.

John