[mythtv-users] PVR-350 output support being dropped!

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri Mar 24 10:55:52 UTC 2006

On Mar 24, 2006, at 12:19 AM, Kichigai Mentat wrote:

> On Mar 23, 2006, at 03.58, Ian Forde wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 2006-03-23 at 01:50 -0600, Kichigai Mentat wrote:
>>
>>> Oh piffle! I was considering condensing my MythTV system, and
>>> using a
>>> PVR-350 as output, since my back-end doesn't have any AGP slots, a
>>> single PCI slot I can free up, and I wanted to include at least one
>>> more tuner. I guess I'll need to stick to my separated solution for
>>> now.
>>
>> If you've got an onboard VGA out, just use a transcoder box such
>> as an
>> Audio Authority...

Rather than continue to complain, how about we get the xv output on
the PVR-350 issues resolved so there's no reason to complain?
Personally, I would LOVE to use the xv stuff instead of the hardware
decoder so I can do stuff like time stretch and get CC without
setting it on my TV.

Sounds like the major xv issues people have are with video jumps and
unclear text in the osd. I have both of these. What can I provide
that would help someone willing to work on the problems?

I'm using a dual PIII-733 box. Frontend uses about 28% on one of the
CPU's when playing back, so it's not a processor issue. I see very
minor jumps when playing back video streams with the internal player
when recording nothing or when recording what I'm watching. I get
MAJOR jumps when recording another program - so much that I can't use
it. I've tried all the interlacing options (just out of curiosity)
and none of them look as good as when it's off. The bright OSD
doesn't bother me THAT much. I can live with it if the other stuff
works ok. And yes.. I can watch a transcoded DVD (Excellent Quality)
with xine while other programs are recording without these issues.