[mythtv-users] 720x480 tall and squished

Dan Littlejohn dan.littlejohn at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 17:18:52 UTC 2006

Just upgraded my box, and now the live tv and recorded shows have
black bars on the sides and is squished.  The Myth GUI is perfect and
I believe it is running 800x600.

My setup is very basic, nvidia fx5200, 28 inch 4:3 analog tv, NTSC.  I
have been messing with my xorg.conf to try and figure out the problem,
but have not been to successful.  I can get X to recognize the 720x480
mode line, but it is not using it maybe?

In searching the archives, this looks like a common problem, but I
have not found a solution.  If someone could provide some direction I
would be very appreciative.  An xorg.conf or method to get it to use
the modeline would be great.

Thanks;
Dan