[mythtv-users] MyBlaster, was: IR Blaster and Dish Network

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Mar 22 20:21:23 UTC 2006

>> On Mar 21, 2006, at 2:00 PM, Jesse Adelman wrote:
>>
>>> I've used The MyBlaster/Serial since I brought up my Myth box
>>> back in
>>> August of 2004, and it has been just a solid, and blissfully
>>> uneventful, performer: http://www.mytvstore.com/
>>> product_id_004.html .
>>> The excellent Linux/Perl script by William Munson that they host
>>> offers
>>> complete control over your cable box, and does not require LIRC at
>>> all
>>> (see http://www.mytvstore.com/mythtv_linux.html). Oh, and did I
>>> say it
>>> does not require LIRC *at all*? OK, just making sure.
>>>
>>> For me, and my PVR-350 remote (which does need LIRC), this means
>>> heaven.

Wow. I had that thing working in less time than it will take to write
this (once I got my head out of my...).

That thing is the very definition of "Just Works".

Of course out of 11 possible codes it was the tenth one I tried, but
that's just Murphy's Law.

Now to take the batteries out of the real remote so nobody can hose
me that way.

I'll write up something to go in the WiKi about this.

Thanks again, a great device.