[mythtv-users] PVR-350 output support being dropped!

Daniel A Segel mythtv at archer-segel.com
Wed Mar 22 18:52:10 UTC 2006

I haven't tried it in a while, but on my system MythTV xv output from
the 350 never looked as good as the native MPEG decoder could produce.
The main problem was that it seemed to drop frames, although I'm not
certain it was actually doing that - it just seemed less smooth than the
native output, enough so that I always switched back. This was on an
Athlon XP 1700+ system with 512MB running SD only. I'll try it again
tonight to see if more recent versions of MythTV are any better. I
frequently use xv with xine to watch DVD images and don't notice
anything wrong with the video then, so I assume it's a Myth thing.

Are there any specific ivtvctl settings I should be using to make the
output as good as possible?

Daniel