[mythtv-users] OT mini-itx cases

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Tue Mar 21 22:28:27 UTC 2006

Nick Rout wrote:
> Can anyone tell me if the EPIA SP13000 motherboard will fit in a
> Sereniti  2000 case?
>
> The cases are reviewed here,
> http://www.epiacenter.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=4
>
> Most of the reviews state that they are for the M series, but I suspect
> the SP series wasn't even out when those reviews were written.
>
> I have a chance to get a case cheap, and if I do I want to put an
> SP13000 board in it for mythTV (see I'm not completely OT).

They are both mini_ITX standard boards. I would be *extremely* surprised
if they had the mounting holes in different places. If the case will fit
an M series it will fit an SP... but there is still the question of
height. If the case is intended for a fanless motherboard, then you
could have a problem.. and of course you would need a PCI riser for the
PCI slot in that case.

Geoff

--
        R. Geoffrey Newbury