[mythtv-users] Switch Inputs

koolguy at gmx.net koolguy at gmx.net
Sun Mar 19 15:08:48 UTC 2006

I recently set up a Myth system with FC4 using a Plextor TV/Capture
device. Just about everything works fine so far. However I am unable to
swith inputs when using LiveTV. When I set the default input to Tuner, I
can tune all of the channels just fine, but I can't switch to composite or
S-Video. If I change the default input to S-Video, then a can view the
S-Video input just fine, but I can't switch to the tuner.

I've tried typing "C" and "Y" on the keyboard. I've tried assigning an
unused channel to the S-Video input when I ran mythtvsetu. I also tried a
dummy change-channel script. Nothing I try can cause Myth to switch
inputs.
FWIW, in the log file, I see the message below repeated several times:

2006-03-19 10:06:47.119 Channel(/dev/video0) Error: SetInputAndFormat(1,
NTSC)
                        while setting input (v4l v2)
                        eno: Device or resource busy (16)

Any suggestions?