[mythtv-users] PAL TV out

Matthew Geier matthew at sleeper.apana.org.au
Sun Mar 19 07:49:28 UTC 2006

Shane Hollaway wrote:
> I'm in Australia, which I thought was just PAL without anything else.
> But apparently not.  I guess I'll start with B and see which one
> works.

  Forget messing with modelines and the like. The nvidia driver works it
out - translating an X modeline into the appropiate TV standard.

         Driver      "nvidia"
         VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
         BoardName   "NVIDIA GeForce 6600"
         Option      "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"
         Option      "TVStandard" "PAL-I"
         Option      "TVOverScan" "0.5"
         Option      "TVOutFormat" "composite"

  Works for me.

  My monitor section is actually for the XVGA screen I used to set the
machine up orginally and not the TV set.

  When the output is a TV either the driver or the hardware takes care
of the TV timings, I dunno which - it just works... :-)