[mythtv-users] AA 9A60 Quality with MythTV

Marco Nelissen marcone at xs4all.nl
Sat Mar 18 18:00:24 UTC 2006

>I've used one for 4 years now.  The quality is perfect.  My 1st gen tv has
>WAY too much overscan for 1080i modeline, but PCHDTV looks absolutley
>fantastic even on a 480p modeline.  I wouldnt hesitate on quality.  In fact,
>I kind of like the idea of having this separate box to transcode because it
>IS separate from the video card.  If your video card dies, you can replace
>it with a cheap one, whereas if you go with component out on a videocard and
>that dies you have to buy another more expensive video card.

Since this is an analog VGA to component converter, I wouldn't replace the
videocard with a cheap one if the old one dies, since cheap videocards
usually have cheap components on them, and hence output a crappy analog
signal at high resolutions. The video card and cables will probably be
the weakest link in the proposed setup.