[mythtv-users] OT: TiVo series 3

Marco Nelissen marcone at xs4all.nl
Sat Mar 18 17:50:09 UTC 2006

>looks interesting. definitely not as amazing as MythTV in many
>regards, but unless Myth finds a way to record HD content that "they
>don't want you to record", this may give us HD users a viable option.

The only reason I'm using mythtv instead of tivo is because I didn't want
to spend a bunch of money on already-obsolete hardware (HD DirectTivo)
AND be locked into a 2-year contract with DirecTV.
For all the "amazing" things mythtv does, it still can't hold a candle
to tivo as far as ease of use goes.

>http://www.pvrblog.com/pvr/2006/01/hd_tivo_series_.html
>and assuming it will be hacked like the series 1 and 2...

Keep in mind though that it took quite a long time before the series 2
got hacked. Series 3 might be worse.