[mythtv-users] Miro DC10

Andrew Lynch lynchaj at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 18 14:47:23 UTC 2006

--- Dave Chapman <linux-lists at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Anybody have experience of using the Miro DC10 in
> Mythtv ?
> I ahve put together a box with one of the old DC10
> cards with the Zoran chip
> zr36057
> And need a little help tweaking the install.
> The module loads with "modprobe zr36067 card=0" but
> I need to get it to load
> at boot time.
>
> The display that I get is as if looking through a
> Venetian blind. Horizontal
> lines about 10cm wide
>
> What capture quality settings would work best.
>
> Box is a Debian testing with the amicus script
>

> Many thanks
> Dave

Dave,

I am building Zoran support into AMICUS script to
support your tuner card.

Would you please send me a copy of your latest
amicus_debug*.txt so I can see what your specific
configuration is?  The file is in the same directory
you last ran ./amicus (probably /root )

I need it to tune the configuration script to support
your tuner card.  Please send to me directly or post
to amicus-users mailing list.

Also, I will need your help in the testing and
debugging of the AMICUS script to support the Zoran
family of tuners.  I do not have access to this
hardware and would greatly appreciate your assistance!
 Please contact me.

Thank you.

Andrew Lynch

PS I have not yet posted the amicus-pre-i-0.04
revision which will include this and other hardware
support.  I will do that sometime later today after
some preliminary testing.  Anyone who like to join in
the Zoran tuner card (or any other like ATI video card
or PVR-350 tv-out) support debugging please join up
at:

http://amicus.sourceforge.net/

and the amicus-users mailing list

PPS, I still need some brave volunteers to help test
the new ATI video card support module and also the
nearly (but not quite) complete PVR-350 TV-out video
playback and the PVR-350 X on TV-out features coming
soon in amicus-pre-i-0.04!

PPPS I especially need testers who in the past have
experienced the dreaded "MySQL access denied" bug
which I think we have finally found root cause and
fixed.  Due to the trauma that nasty bug has caused, I
will not release a new version until that bug is
verified fixed by several people.