[mythtv-users] XBOX .19 install - softmod

Joel Ostheller j.ostheller at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 06:14:39 UTC 2006

Okay guys, you have me completely confused.... According to this link

http://www.xbox-linux.org/wiki/Software_Method_HOWTO

             "The Software Method takes advantage of a flaw in the Microsoft
dashboard to make your Xbox Linux-compatible. Unfortunately this flaw has
been fixed in newer
               versions of the dashboard. *A Dashboard version of 4920 or
below is required.*http://www.xbox-linux.org/wiki/Xebian_HOWTO"

Yet you guys have said you have "modded your xbox" (in a discussion about
running mythfrontend on an xbox) with the following link which lead me to
belive that this was the steps I should take in that link to modify my xbox
to run Xibian and mythfrontend.

http://biline.ca/xbox_uxe.htm

Now I have already followed some of the steps in that link (ie... i updated
my dashboard before install... now im greater then 4920 which the first link
said was bad... doh!) My xbox version is either a 1.1, 1.2, or 1.3. can this
http://biline.ca/xbox_uxe.htm give me the "softmod" I need to install Xibian
and run mythfrontend? will i still be able to run my xbox games? thanks for
your help