[mythtv-users] Confusion about Output Cards.

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 23:25:29 UTC 2006

On 14/03/06, Nick Ellson <grimm at nickellson.com> wrote:

> Ok, I found my model specs:
>
> The Sony Wega KDF-42WE655:
>
> Inputs:
>
> Front Audio/Video Inputs:  S-Video: 1, Composite: 1, Stereo Audio (RCA): 1
> Rear Audio/Video Inputs:  Composite: 2, S-Video: 2, Component: 2, HDMI: 1
>

> I guess all the newer models do have PC inputs, my does not.

Do (m)any new TVs have DVI in addition to HDMI? I can't see the point
if you can easily get an adapter so you can still connect DVI. I guess
some TVs may have a regular VGA input.

> What might I make best use of?

I'd suggest using a DVI-HDMI cable for video, and SPDIF (possibly coax
if you cannot get a long enough optical one) for audio to keep things
digital. Not sure about max cable lengths though if the system is a
considerable distance from your TV.

Nick