[mythtv-users] DVB-T tzap versus mythtv 0.19

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Mon Mar 13 12:46:07 UTC 2006

Around about 12/03/06 10:39, Doug Scoular typed ...
>     In order to create a new configurable setting the MythTV
>     settings schema would, presumably, have to evolve. I wasn't
>     sure how to do this... so the code simply determines if the
>     DVB frontend being used is "DibCom 3000P/M-C DVB-T"
>     and hardwires the timeout to the same value used by scan.c.

   OK, this thread's run on significantly since I last read it, but just for
completeness, after fiddling with some settings (a ms. time-out and a min.
quality % of some sort), I managed to make it a *bit* more reliable.  The talk
of tuning issues makes me think that my problems won't all be solved by the
current plan :-(

   Of the recordings I did on the Nova-T† since Friday, one hour-long
generatde no file at all, one half-hour worked OK, two hour-longs stopped 10
mins. short of the end (this is the fault I'm not sure the current plan will
fix) and one, which I'ev not sat through yet, has both the start & the end but
is 10 mins. short and so presumably cut out for a bit in the middle.  That's a
new one :(

   FWIW, I did notice that the DBV signal data displayed by Myth is reporting
'Signal 0%' all the time, even with a decent picture.  Anyone else see that?
Is it significant?

† - how do I tell which chipset I have in my Nova-T?  Will it be in messages
or dmesg somewhere?

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature