[mythtv-users] Are people using mpeg2-mpeg2 transcoding using mythtranscode (0.19)?

Vijay Gill vijay.s.gill at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 18:52:47 UTC 2006

Hi,

   I tried using this feature of mythtranscode and to me it seems to be
alright. My encoding speed has encreased by 50% (mencoder works faster if
source is a file rather than the pipe system of mythtranscode that I have
been usingtill now).

I just want to know if there is any problem with my etup. Now I just cut
away the commercials and then encode the resulting file to DVD compliant
MPEG2 file. My TV card is PVR-350 but I capture at a very high bitrate so 1
hour file is about 4 GB.

Thanks
Vijay