[mythtv-users] Where to dedicate processing power?

Jim Minihane min02jsm at minihane.tzo.com
Wed Mar 8 22:20:04 UTC 2006

So MySQL deserves its own machine. I'd like to (for reasons I'm not quite
sure about) keep the master without tuners. And just add more slaves if I
have to. If the performance of MythTV would benefit that much from
dedicating a machine to MySQL, then maybe I'll see about finding another
machine somewhere. Maybe another P3-600.
I've seen in here that commercial tagging is very processor intensive. If I
do enable commercial tagging, it will have to be on another machine. The
hardware I'm using for the rest of this setup isn't powerful enough to do
that and be a backend AND MySQL server.

Thanks,
Jim