[mythtv-users] Error getting format?

Beny Spensieri Jr benyjr at yahoo.ca
Tue Mar 7 15:48:16 UTC 2006

I upgraded Mythtv 0.18.1 to 0.19 this weekend on an
x86_64 FC4 install.  I am using the ATrpms as I
followed Jarod's FC4 install guide originally.

I am using a PVR-350 and it sends both the video and
the sound to the TV.

When I run mythbackend in a terminal, it starts up
fine.  I then load the frontend in another terminal
window and I get the following message from the
backend when I try to record or play video:

error getting format
VIDIOC_G_FMT: Invalid argument

I don't understand what broke, 0.18.1 was working
pretty ok (with the exception of occational playback
freezes).

At first I only upgraded the mythtv packages.  I
switched from x86_64 packages to i386 since the 64 bit
implementation of mythtv is a bit flakey (had to
remove some plugins to get 0.18.1 to work) and I
wanted to use more of Myth's capabilities.

Now I upgraded ivtv and related packages, but I am
still getting this error.

I can't attach the errors from the frontend since I am
not at home, nor can I attach the dmesg output.

Does anyone know what is causing this?

Thanks,

Beny