[mythtv-users] Performance issue : Number of records in a Table ???

Dhiraj K dhimyth at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 14:57:42 UTC 2006

Hi,

just want to clear my doubts...
what happens if the size of a table ( say "program" table, or any other),
keeps on increasing...as we update our boxes everytime.

so after a few months( or a year) of updates, the tables might have
thousands of records...

does this slow down the mythtv-box's performance ???
does it take longer for mythfilldatabase to update ?
does this have a problem during an INSERT into the table ?
does mythtv automatically clear out "not needed" records ( i.e. records that
a couple of months old) from time to time ?
is there any setting for this ?

thanks a lot
 - Dhiraj