[mythtv-users] Frontend window shifting after watching TV

Stefan Haflidason styrmis at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 10 12:26:22 UTC 2006

On 3/8/06, Stefan Haflidason <styrmis at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 3/7/06, Stefan Haflidason <styrmis at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Since upgrading to 0.19, the following happens when I watch TV and
> > switch back to the menu:
> >
> > - At startup the frontend fills the screen ok. It is set to be a window,
> > and is using settings that work fine for aligning the frontend initially.
> > - If I then watch TV, and come back to the main menu, the window will be
> > moved down and to the right, which is of course not where it should be.
> >
> > Selecting 'use GUI size for TV playback' fixes this issue, but
> > introduces other major problems for me.
> >
> > I am using KDE 3.4. The setup worked fine in 0.18; does anyone know what
> > changed regarding the UI's placement behaviour?
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Stefan.
> >

> This also occurs with Gnome, so I assume that this is not a typical WM
> configuration issue.
>
> My settings are:
>
> width: 642,
> height: 545,
> Y-off: 15,
> Use GUI size for tv playback: No,
> Hide mouse: Yes,
> Frontend as window: Yes.
>
> The only problem now is this odd shifting that occurs after returning from
> live tv.

KDE and Gnome still have the same behaviour, but I have made some small
progress with Ratpoison.

Although the offset settings within Myth are totally ignored by RP (which
seems reasonable given that it is not a WM), I can use the padding setting
of RP to move the mythfrontend frame (thanks to the guys at #ratpoison).

How do other people cope with the tv out on the 350 when, for example,
playing back a DVD? Won't the black borders always cut out at least some of
the picture?

Stefan.